Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Year of William Eggleston

 

This is definitely the Year of William Eggleston. 

After his recent show in London at the National Portrait Gallery, and a feature story in the New York Times, now he is featured in a story in W Magazine, with some nice photographs by NYC-based photographer Eric Chakeen (see image above).

Go here for An Afternoon with William Eggleston, Living Icon, by .

Eggleston is also featured in a story -- "William Eggleston's Groundbreaking, Vivid Color Photographs" --on the American Photo website, go here.

The American Photo story celebrates a show that Eggleston is having at his new gallery in NYC -- the David Zwirner Gallery -- up now through December 17th, 2016, go here. 

In addition, Eggleston was the guest of honor at Aperture Foundation's annual benefit gala and photo party, which took place on October 24th at the Edison Ballroom in Manhattan. 

The gala was entitled Dear Bill:An evening of art and entertainment in honor of William Eggleston, go here.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I received my art issue of W Magazine a couple of days ago, but so far have not found a story on Eggleston. While it is nice to see a Southern photographer getting good publicity, I am always suspicious of these mega publicity campaigns about one individual. I am sure they are not accidental and would not happen without a lot of money and influence behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding about the money involved. One of my goals for the blog, however, is to chronicle when Southern photographers get significant recognition, especially outside the South. The recognition of Eggleston this year certainly qualifies, even when -- or perhaps because of -- the amount of money involved.

    Interesting point about print vs web recognition -- I chiefly pick up things that I run across on the web, but I can rarely know for sure whether a web post makes it into print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah! At last I got a webpage from where I be able to actually obtain valuable facts regarding my study and knowledge.
    Wedding photographer Tulsa

    ReplyDelete