Sunday, September 6, 2015

Southern Photographers in fraction Magazine -- Summer 2015


The folks at [f]raction Magazine feature Southern photographers from time to time. 

Some of the folks to appear in recent issues include the following:


Daytona Beach-based photographer Justin Noland (see image above).



Richmond, VA-based photographer Andrew Fedynak (see image above). 



Louisville, KY-based photographer Neal Johnson (see image above). 



Last, but surely not least in this listing, the work of Omaha, Nebraska based photographer Rob Walters, who offers us in [f]raction 76 a deeply Southern meditation through photographs of Pinetta, Florida and surrounding locations (including some in Georgia, see image above)

Walters made these images in an effort to connect with his father, born in Pinetta, FL, who died in a plane crash before Rob was 2 years old. 

As Walters puts it, he made this work as "a way for me to build a narrative of my father's history for myself and to explore a part of the country that easily could have been where I "grew up."

Frankly, I cannot think of a more Southern kind of photography project than that one. 

Much more good work to come, from Southern photographers in [f]raction Magazine. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Generally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, very great article. Bezansonphotography offers services like Edmonton Photographer, newborn photographer, and maternity photographer etc. in Edmonton, Alberta.

    ReplyDelete